Day 24. Christmas Eve


"O come let us draw near"


Gerard van Honthorst, circa 1620 "Adoration of the Child

And, so we come to this moment in time. Here, dear ones, is a reason... the chief reason... for the joy in my world. Because of Jesus the Christ, I can enjoy all other beautiful and wondrous things in my life so much more.

Just like those young girls in the painting, whose faces glow with silent adoration, when I gave my heart to Jesus and fell in love with Him as a girl a little older than them, I knew my life would be changed completely. And I knew at the tender age it was going to be a forever love story.

He poured not only His love into my heart, but gave me so much Joy that day I invited him into my life. To this day, whenever life turns up-side-down for me, the moment I turn my eyes and thoughts back to him, my joy returns.

I'll be forever grateful that He once came as a little baby boy to bring people so much joy. Yes, religion gets mixed up in it, but He ... He is pure joy.

On this most favourite and wondrous nights of the year I want to share, as my gift to you, a song. From the very first notes I heard playing on the radio drew me 'ere I ever heard the words. That dark winter morning when I  got back into the car with my java, something almost whoosed from the radio to greet me. The words, the music, everything..... touched me then, and speak to me yet.

"How a little baby boy bring the people so much joy
Son of a carpenter, Mary carried the light
This must be Christmas, must be tonight"

It would be my heart's desire that you'd feel its wonder too on this Christmas Eve. Click here for the YouTube version of Christmas Must Be Tonight by Canadian singer/songwriter Robbie Robertson, and here for the lyrics. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's no need to leave a comment ... just enjoy. The reason I opened the comments is because there were some interested to leave a 'footprint'.

Wishing you joy to your world....
Brenda